Lead C++ Programmer
As a Lead C++ Programmer, you will be responsible for leading, developing systems to create a rich and compelling player experience, motivating and managing a group of programmers, and cooperating with Level- & Narrative Designers and other groups on the project.
You will also be responsible for defining and tracking the schedule for your group, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering group, influencing the game features and being an evangelist for the project.
- Lead a programming discipline group at a technical and personnel level;
- Work closely with the Game, Level and Narrative Design group and make sure that the design of various features is complete and realistic
- Implement, test and document the technical aspects of features for a AAA game
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, C++ code
- Own game features from start to finish
- Determine the tech needs for the group, helping to establish clear coding best practices;
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems;
- Coordinate, mentor and build a cohesive programming group;
- Continually review the game and development process and identify areas that need improvement.
- Relevant experience as Team Lead;
- Experience in managing group of 5+ employees;
- Extensive knowledge of C++ programming and debugging;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Spoken English
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.