Lead Character Artist [Assassin's Creed VR] (431)
As a lead Character Artist you will lead, mobilise and develop an art team within a collaborative multi-discipline environment; define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
As a Leader you will:
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Be inclusive, supportive, flexible and care about people;
What else will you do?
- Support the Art Director by executing on the creative vision and with the creation of an Art Bible and Style guild;
- Ensure the best-in-class art in accordance with the project\'s artistic direction and production timelines;
- Be the main contact for Characters with the project and its partners;
- Cultivate the team with timely feedback, growth and development and training opportunities;
- Work in close liaison with all disciplines fostering synergies between departments and individuals;
- Conduct performance reviews and participate in interviews and ensure proper staffing and team make up;
- Identify and set up the best workflow and pipeline practices;
- Find resourceful solutions to any problems encountered;
- Work with your respective Production representative to help inform planning, schedules, and strategies by levering the knowledge you hold in your specialist area;
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required.
What will you bring?
- Good knowledge of Physical Based Rendering and lighting;
- In-depth understanding of human and animal anatomy;
- Strong knowledge of 3d modelling, topology, clothing creation, texturing, sculpting, and LOD creation;
- Strong emotional intelligence;
- Ability to adopt and effectively communicate using different styles when working with team members across the world with various cultural backgrounds;
- Good knowledge of scheduling and team tracking software and techniques;
- Exemplary written, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong leadership, team building and people management skills.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.