Lead Character Artist
Jan 14, 2023
Manchester, United Kingdom
Job Title:Lead Character Artist
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Work with Studio Art Director to manage, maintain, and support the visual style that is established for the project
- Support and work with the Studio Art Lead to manage the overall look of the game.
- Ensure all content achieves high standards. Take lead in producing high quality artwork, creative and technical standards and determining the best tools and techniques to use
- Supervise the team’s throughput from a creative and technical point of view. Ensure that the work gets done according to budget and schedule, alongside the game’s production team, anticipating problems and planning for any contingencies
- Gameplay is king. Ensure that the artwork supports gameplay while always working towards the highest achievable visual quality
- Work closely with the programming team to make sure that all art and animation assets produced are imported into the game engine smoothly
- Undertake and supervise the production of material which illustrates the visual atmosphere and graphical design for the game
- Assist the Studio Art Lead to conduct research and test out different modelling, texturing, animation, rendering and lighting techniques and tools appropriate to the games technology
- Assist the Studio Art Lead to manage vendors and overseeing outsourced art production.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Senior 3D Artist and Lead Artist role in games industry.
- Great technical skill, master art design tools and software including Maya, 3D Max, Z-brush, Photoshop, etc
- Experience and professional skill in special effect, animation and rendering is a plus
- Understand all the roles within the art department and also of any outsourced contractors
- Have good understanding of the technology used in game design and development, its capabilities and limitations
- Passionate about games and have well understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play
- Is able to build good working relationships with other departments
- Have excellent communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the games industry, genres, and markets
- Extensive experience with 3D art, authoring packages and best practices
- Solid communication and problem solving abilities.