Lead Character Artist - XDefiant
As Lead Character Artist you are responsible for managing the team to deliver AAA characters and character related assets in our art production teams, for trouble shooting character related issues and participating in the planning for the project characters in game. You will also develop your team through excellent communication skills and mentoring.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game based in our San Francisco studio. XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense combat with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters battle for domination.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Managing, developing and inspiring the character artist team
- Content creation of characters across all areas of the game as defined together with the Character Art Director, which sets the industry leading standard for the team and the project
- Work with and mentor character artists to provide clear direction and set expectations and character requirements
- Setting up, maintaining and documenting our character production pipelines
- Close collaboration with the Art Director to work within the visual style of the game
- Balance quality and efficiency of work to gain the best possible results within the given time frame and technical constraints
- Ability to skillfully optimize characters to game-ready quality
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams globally on a daily basis for optimal performance and qualified results
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Senior level of experience as a character artist in game development, with at least one AAA title shipped, leadership experience is a plus
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to improve them, then optimize as required for final product
- Excellent skills in ZBrush, Maya and Photoshop
- Strong sculpting, texturing and painting skills
- Ability to create highly realistic characters that meet AAA standards
- Good working knowledge with at least one AAA game engine
- Being used to working on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude, and team player
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $112,000 - $140,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.