Lead Concept Artist
***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We are looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join our Valencia studio who will help raise the quality of our game and drive and mentor the growth of the art team. We love games that play well and look great; together we will set the stage for a rich and stunning world filled with diverse characters and environments.
- As a Lead Concept Artist, you will have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for the project.
- Prioritize, plan, organize, and execute on conceptual art department’s output
- You will be collaborating directly with the Art Director, Art Leads, Designers, and key stakeholders to set the look and feel for our game.
- Identify and implement best practices, workflows and pipelines that pushes the quality bar for concept art
- Concept, iterate, and produce visual assets for all stages of character and environment development, from pre-viz sketches and detailed renderings to polished marketing materials
- Partner with Production and Art Leadership and contribute to high-level execution plans
- Develop great looking concepts with artistic sensibilities that also balance game design, narrative, and technical boundaries
- Other responsibilities will include weapons, vehicles, character props, storyboarding, branding and much more.
- Work with the Art Department to establish and craft clear style guides that speak to the Art Direction and provide clear instructional guides for the art team to use as resources
- Mentor and help fellow artists grow artistically and professionally
- 8 years of experience with relevant game studio or freelance work with proven management skills
- Ability to direct others and provide constructive feedback to internal staff and external partners, based on art direction and creative needs.
- Ability to create well thought out designs with the right style that translates well into 3D models
- Excellent eye for anatomy, clothing, materials, architecture, natural landscapes, hard surface and technology, color, lighting, composition, and overall design skills.
- Good understanding of game engine requirements, especially on lighting
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Online portfolio is a must. Please include development sketches and markups in addition to more refined, polished, and fully realized designs
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
- Passion for games!
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment
- Ability to leverage 3D applications like Maya, Modo, ZBrush and Blender
- AAA Game Development experience
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.