At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is seeking a Lead Data Analyst to help build a cutting-edge game analytics platform and tools to better understand our players and enhance their experience in our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in Carlsbad, CA.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Lead the development of consumer-ready recommendations, insights, and reporting to Analytics team leadership, live producers, product managers, and partner groups.
- Effectively translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on game and business teams.
- Lead the research and development of state-of-the-art data mining and reporting solutions to understand game design, system performance, and key business behaviors, such as player engagement.
- Drive needle moving improvements via the exploration of data, dashboards, statistical analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative driven insights with game knowledge to recommend potential avenues to the game and business teams.
- Lead the awareness and training of data and tools.
- Facilitate the analytical needs of the business, collaborate in the design of diagnostic solutions, and deliver exceptional data products and insights.
- Lead key strategic project initiatives, develop comprehensive project plans, solution design, timelines, resource plans, communication, and other pertinent documentation.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to define solutions.
- Lead scoping and business priority-setting and develop functional specifications.
- Lead the recruitment process of best in class Analysts.
- Coach talented analysts to realize their proven potential.
- 3+ years in team leadership and management.
- 8+ years in an Analytics or similar role in the video game, marketing, finance, forensics, or technology fields required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence or any other relevant field).
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software and systems (R, Python, Tableau) required.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language) required.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong mentoring abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Snowflake, an asset.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.