Lead Data Scientist: Game Analytics
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a Lead Data Scientist who possess a passion for data and games. The successful candidate will love variety: variety of data, contexts, business problems and methodologies; they will also want to pick the best solution for the situation.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Lead and inspire a team of world class data scientists, providing leadership through coaching and mentorship on a regular basis.
- Lead the planning and decision making of tactical data science execution.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of machine learning enabled solutions to address critical business or game questions.
- Assure Rockstar’s ongoing competitive advantage through best-in-class Machine Learning initiatives that have a high potential of applicability in industry.
- Lead the development of consumer-ready analysis to analytics team leadership, live producers, product managers, and partner groups.
- Identify and lead analytic experiments aligned with long-term, strategic initiatives.
- Lead the design and development of validation tests to assess the efficiency of the model (or algorithm) in place and provide strategic insights to stakeholders.
- Lead the development of frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure data influences decisions at all levels.
- Act as an SME for all data availability, quality, and analysis possibilities on all our games.
- Influence and contribute to the growth of the wider analytics roadmap.
- Participate in the recruitment of the best in class data scientists.
- 1+ years of experience managing/supervising a team.
- 8+ years of experience in data science or similar role in the video game, marketing, finance, forensics, or technology fields required.
- 8+ years of experience in machine learning, statistical languages, and systems such as Python and R.
- Proven experience deploying or overseeing the deployment of machine learning models to at-scale production environments.
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques such as k-NN, Deep Learning, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Data Mining, Clustering, and Classification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a strong quantitative background.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong mentoring abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD).
- Game industry experience.
This position can be based out of either our San Diego or NYC studios.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.