Lead Game Designer
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a Lead Game Designer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for a new multiplatform project based in our San Francisco studio.
As Lead Game Designer you will act in a project leadership capacity to solve problems that affect production’s objectives with regards to Game Design. You are responsible for building design teams, co-dev connections and collaboration.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As Lead Game Designer you will plan, detail, and supervise directly the work of Game Designers within your purview, with the goal of developing and delivering a new IP of exceptional quality
- You will actively participate in the creation and the development of the Game Design, working closely with the Game Director & Creative Director
- Your role has a major emphasis on people management, creativity, communication, problem solving and mitigation
- Understand the player’s needs and ensure the items developed by the team contribute to an engaging player experience
- Analyze Game Design workload vs production capacity, and work with the senior production team to establish a work schedule and priorities for the Game Design team that is in keeping with the project goals and timeline
- Review Design distribution and work performance of the Game Design team
- Communicate to the Game Design team the objectives, strategies, and high-level information related to the project. Offer full visibility on the progress and development of the game and others job families to the Design Team, and communicate Game Design progress and decision-making widely across the production to ensure full visibility & strong alignment between job families
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with project management and directorship, and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure the Game Design team can deliver on expectations in a manner that will failsafe team health and player experience
- Supervise and provide clear and structured documents to the project, that clarifies the game design and gameplay, and allows the team to work on productive tasks (game systems, game mode, behaviour, AI, +)
- Provide performance appraisals for your Game Design reports, and feedback on all members of the Game Design team
- Manage conflicts that arise within your team members
- Actively participate in recruitment of future team members
- Create a positive work environment that will impact team motivation and performance
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Excellent knowledge in Game Design and Production. Exposure to Project Management is a great plus
- Large experience working on AAA titles, current and next-generation console
- Prior experience in leading a team will be advantageous
- Experience in multiplayer design for PC or console games
- Methodology and problem solving ability and with a focus on multiplayer systems
- Highly organized, analytical, with good management and planning skills
- Team player, with good flexibility.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters