Lead Game Designer (Unannounced Project)
We are PUBG, the global battle royale phenomenon! After the release of our flagship title in 2017 we have become one of the highest selling games of all time with over 70 million copies sold – that’s a lot of Chicken Dinners! We are now incredibly excited to be recruiting for our new Unannounced Project.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea and sit within the KRAFTON, Inc. corporation. From our Amsterdam office, we cover Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS region, and have teams dedicated to Game Development, Product Management, Esports, Content, Communications, Creative, Merchandise, HR and more.
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Arena area, a buzzing business hub in the southeastern part of the city. Accommodating some of the world’s largest and most exciting companies, the area also transforms at night into a popular social destination. Not far from our office, you’ll find iconic venues such as the Ziggo Dome, Heineken Music Hall and Johan Cruijff Arena – home of Ajax Football Club.
Our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse look and feel. Being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 20 different nationalities – and we are still growing and adding to our team.
As the Lead Game Designer you will oversee the Gameplay Design team, guiding their work as well as leading by example with plenty of hands on design work on our brand new unannounced IP.
- Oversee the gameplay design for the project, reporting to the Game Director to ensure the work is in accordance with the project’s vision
- Manage a team of gameplay designers, motivating and inspiring them with your example and guidance
- Create an awesome player experience and help us achieve our gameplay goals
What we’re ideally looking for
- Significant experience in gameplay design
- Previous experience leading other people
- Fantastic knowledge in gameplay mechanics and creating a great player experience
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title
- Experience on shooters / MMOs
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- A range of snacks & drinks
- Free gym facility in our office building
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience then apply right away!