Lead Game Designer - [VR Team] (f/m/d)
At Ubisoft Düsseldorf, we are currently looking for a Creative Leader for our exceptional AAA VR Team.
As Lead Game Designer, you will work alongside the Creative and Game Directors, and be responsible for identifying and delivering genre leading experiences that push VR and the Assassin’s Creed franchise forward. You will be involved in implementing the vision for the game and will lead the game design team in delivering the game to highest quality standards. Your responsibilities will also include managing and mentoring the design team in Düsseldorf for even more amazing VR projects now and in the future.
Get in touch if you are intrigued by this rare opportunity to be part of one of the industry's biggest franchises!
What you will do:
- Build and lead a strong team of game designers with versatile design skills and strong technical implementation skills
- Work closely together with creative direction and other disciplines to anchor the game vision in immersive and deeply connected game mechanics.
- Support your team members on solving complex design, technical and implementation issues
- Introduce and maintain efficient design implementation pipelines and ensure overall design documentation standards within the design team
- Be a safe guard of feature quality and collaborate with test departments and user research on defining test metrics and quality targets
- Work as part of the Design team to design, redesign and balance features and mechanics of the game
- Facilitate communication between designers, artists and programmers to ensure that the quality and implementation match the intended direction / vision
- Define project vision and quality standards for our game mandate together with creative direction and other stakeholders
- Promote agile design and development and push for short iteration cycles and result-driven continuous improvements of the game quality
- Work within the game engine tools to add content to the game
- Working closely with the team to ensure that the design specifications are meet the quality expectations of your project
- Have a strong focus on UX/UI aspects of the design work and collaborate closely with the respective disciplines
- Focusing on the player experience as the ultimate metric for the quality of any feature and content
- Evaluate player feedback and improve features based on your analysis
- Build a strong team of game designers, support recruitment of new talents and join and conduct interviews with applicants
- Act as a servant leader to your team and lead by example to ensure a friendly, inclusive and welcoming environment for your team members
What you bring:
- Experienced one full cycle of AAA development from conception to release as lead or senior designer
- 5+ yrs years of industry experience in game development
- Any degree in game design appreciated
- Understanding of psychological mechanisms that keep players engaged
- A strong sense of what makes gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Solid theoretical and practical Game Design knowledge
- Tools of the trade: MS Office, flowcharts, visual and level editing skills a plus
- Intense creativity, a passion to innovate, and the drive to go beyond what is directly asked of you
- Self-motivated and fast learning
- Good communication skills
- Be a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you
- Hybrid Work Model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Düsseldorf region
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.