Lead Gameplay Animator
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and having an awesome time living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, additional 10 paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, Marvel\'s Avengers, the next Perfect Dark, and more!
Come be a part of the future of Perfect Dark as a Lead Gameplay Animator!
The Lead Gameplay Animator is a Managerial role with plenty of hands-on contribution to gameplay. The Lead Gameplay Animator will fill a major role in building our next AAA experiences by ensuring that our gameplay animations are both realistic and seamless in their execution. In this position you will oversee a team of talented animators, work collaboratively with our Animation Director and other members of the animation team, all while demonstrating a thorough understanding of our animation systems and ensuring a character\'s suite of animations works together. Crystal Dynamics seeks team players who are passionate about playing and creating World Class games.
You will be expected to...
- Lead a team of highly skilled animators in the development of high-fidelity game animations and systems
- Deliver responsive combat and traversal animations working closely with combat designers and engineers
- Plan, commit to deliverables and manage team’s goals within regular milestones and deadlines; accurately quantify volumes of work
- Play to your team’s strengths in order to naturally guide the creation of high-quality animations
- Contribute to team growth and development through weekly 1:1’s and annual reviews, as well as individual and group trainings
- Maintain a positive and cohesive team culture and play to your team’s strengths in order to naturally guide the creation of high-quality animations
- Ensure open communication and provide constructive feedback for team members and across disciplines
- Continually refine processes for animation throughout production to increase productivity for the animation team
- Partner with Department Leads, Animators, and Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game
- Work with Animation Director and Art Director to maintain the games\' visual identity
- Document animation process and track tasks throughout game development cycle
- Provide guidance and leadership to animators working in a range of styles and ensure appropriate style is consistent over the course of a project
In order to be considered for this role, you must have...
- Experience as a Senior, Lead, or Principal Animator working on gameplay systems for animation, having contributed to 1+ high-fidelity title
- Proven experience as a highly effective leader (ideally managing 4+ animators) who is able to grow and develop animation talent of all skill levels
- Deep knowledge about gameplay systems (particularly 3rd and 1st Person experience with weapons, traversal, melee and ranged weapon), setups, and animation\'s role within them (from concept, to rigging, to on screen)
- Knowledge of animation trees and animation blending; previous experience with node-based animation editors
- Proficiency in the following: Motion Capture, Motion Matching, Maya, and real-time game engines/ editors
- Ability to self-direct in terms of owning management responsibilities as well as knowing when to jump in an individual contributor
- A good collaborative approach to development, especially with design and engineering
- The ability to provide us with a demo reel which showcases either, your ability to: 1) Successfully create and implement key-frame and motion capture animation as an individual contributor and/or 2) Lead a team of animators who successfully created and implemented key-frame and motion capture animation under your direction. Any candidates without recent/relevant work to share during interviews will not be considered.
Added Bonus if you have...
- Experience with Motion builder
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education. Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.