Lead Gameplay Programmer
As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, you are the guide of a team of talented and inspired programmers responsible for the development of technologies essential to the creation of the games long awaited by Ubisoft fans. Your team achieves its goals by following your leadership and the technical orientations you provide. Your team and you are at the very center of the players’ experience. Daily, you collaborate closely with several teams, contribute to game design and determine the best way make your shared vision come to life.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the quality of existing systems, ensure their evolution and develop new Gameplay systems.
- Monitor and participate in the implementation of the architecture as well as the development and implementation of all gameplay features under your responsibility
- Work closely with design teams to prototype, support and deliver features that will maximize the fluidity and quality of the player experience.
- Prioritize and manage daily team tasks, review complex bugs and determine the best way to approach them together
- Ensure the achievement of the team's deliverables while respecting the budget and production needs
- Evaluate the performance of your team members and support them in their development by defining specific objectives as well as giving regular and constructive feedback
- Establish and ensure the maintenance of a team culture oriented towards collaboration and creativity
- Communicate with other teams within the project, the studio and the large network of Ubisoft studios
- Ensure the implementation of good programming practices and code standards
- Significant experience in gameplay programming
- Strong interest in team management (task management, performance reviews, etc.) and project management.
- Strong knowledge of game mechanics, AI, enemies, 3C (Characters, Camera, Controls) UI, sounds…
- Notions of algorithms and good knowledge of mathematics
- Proficiency with C ++ programming and knowledge of gameplay scripting systems (ex: Blueprint)
- Excellent communication and strategic leadership skills
- Ability to receive, solicit and give constructive feedback
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations (you know there is always a solution)
- A real understanding of video game production as well as being able to put yourself in the shoes of other trades involved in production
- A desire to learn French to be able to work in a bilingual environment
- Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
- All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
- Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development