Lead Graphics Engineer - Treyarch
Job Title:Lead Graphics Engineer - Treyarch
Treyarch, the studio behind the best-selling Call of Duty: Black Ops franchise, is looking for a Lead Graphics Engineer to join our Core Engine Team. As a Lead Graphics Engineer, you will work with senior leadership to guide an LA based graphics team delivering AAA visuals at 60+hz. In this role you will directly code, debug and optimize shipping features with a small team.
What you’ll do…
- Be part of the Core Engine Team developing cutting edge rendering technology for our future games
- Work with other disciplines to achieve the game’s artistic and performance goals
- Analyse, improve, optimize, and debug existing graphics and engine technology and tools
- Lead a team of 2 to 3 engineers to accomplish your goals
- Write and maintain efficient, readable, and reliable code
To succeed you should have…
- 7 years or more experience in the video games as a graphics engineer
- Experience with current gen console hardware
- Strong understanding of low level CPU/GPU operations and debugging tools
- Fluent in modern C++ and multi-threaded programming
- Experience mentoring and or leading other engineers
- The ability to communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Work well in a diverse team environment
We’d love it if you also have…
- Strong 3D math skills
- Shipped at least 2 commercial titles – a 60Hz FPS is a plus
- Experience with PC and mobile graphics APIs and tools
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Public speaking experience
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.