Lead Level Designer [The Crew Motorfest]
Your life at Ubi:
As a Lead Level Designer for The Crew Motorfest, you’ll be supporting, mentoring and managing a team of Level Designers to conceptualize and develop fun levels for our players.
You’ll oversee from team development to planning, stakeholder management (both internal and external) and collaborations with Ubisoft studios all over the world.
Your main mission:
- Developing the Level Design vision together with our core Directors, and overseeing the implementation in-game, with the players experience at the center
- Coaching and supporting a team of Level Designers with constructive feedback and careful planning
- Developing and overseeing the rules and metrics for gameplay spaces (rational level design)
- Defining and refining level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow
- Validating the team’s efforts to ensure quality goals are met and are in line with the game vision, especially through iterative reviews to test the player experience
- Working closely with stakeholders in the narrative and art departments to conceive and design environments that are in line with the lore, but innovative and visually impressive too
- Collaborating with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our level
The professional value you bring:
- A keen understanding of processes, but also know that people are an equal, if not larger, part of the equation of success;
- An expert knowledge of how games are built and shipped, from the ground up;
- Be the voice of your team when working with Directors and your Lead peers. Provide industry-leading quality benchmarks and best practices in accordance with the game's creative vision;
- Are a natural leader with previous experience from leading a team;
- As a Hiring Manager, work with Recruitment and build a diverse Level Design team. Ensure that new employees integrate the team;
- Are used to working in an international environment and can express yourself fluently in English.
The personal value you bring:
- Manage the LD team and support your team’s career advancement across the studio and identify areas for development in line with their ambitions;
- Be a people person and create a safe environment where the LD team can safely experiment and where it’s ok to fail;
- Empower your team to make decisions. Teach and support them in setting their own priorities and objectives. Guide them to finding solutions to design problems;
- Know how to act and understand the importance of clear, honest communication.
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any basis, such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, age, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different.
We are committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment and foster learning and creativity.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun, and join us!