Lead Lighting Artist
Who We Are:
We are a team of developers with a uniting passion for crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. Our core values are our North Star ever reminding us who we intend to be and what we strive to create. Our studio culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective story the stronger our team and our game will be. We are an association of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere.
Our Rallying Cry: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community.
Who You Are:
You understand the influence of a shadow or reflection. You know the warmth evoked by a ray of sunlight. You are obsessed by the impact adding lighting to game environments has to create atmosphere, tone, depth and a touch of realism in the game. Your careful choices and placement will emphasize drama, narrative, and also clarify gameplay elements and location. You will leverage your artistic sense of aesthetics to create lighting in environments that bring the Art Director’s vision to life, as well as your technical knowledge to make sure that the lighting runs within budget of the game runtime performance.
- Proven industry experience creating high-quality final lighting/rendering for Games
- Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and offline rendering
- Thorough understanding of direct/indirect lighting, color spaces, color theory, exposure, HDR lighting, global illumination and physical based shading
- Good understanding of real-time performance challenges, and tradeoffs of various engine lighting technology such as UE4 and Unity
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt in using proprietary tools/engine
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
What We Need:
A passionate and talented Lead Lighting Artist possessing solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of color theory, composition, lighting, shadows and exposure system. You have experience with a 3D CG rendering package (e.g Maya, Blender, Keyshot etc.), demonstrating a solid understanding of rendering and physical lighting system and how it is simulated in a real-time CG.
- Collaborate with Art Director, artists and engineers to create compelling, consistent lighting for a variety of internal and external environments that reach visual targets throughout the game.
- Partner with our rendering and tools engineers to help drive the evolution of our lighting tools and pipelines.
- Work closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Anticipate and work well within different production and technical constraints and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.