Lead, Partner Relations Manager
Do you love building relationships and helping high performers deliver their best work? Are you a creative problem-solver who swims comfortably in the world of technology? Do you enjoy flexibility and a dynamic day-to-day? You might love this role!
Unity's Partner Relations team is looking for a supportive, empathetic leader to inspire, motivate and develop the PRM team towards excellence. This person will enable our proactive, people-minded influencers to own the success of our most valued partners, from small mobile projects to AAA console games to immersive multi-user VR experiences.
As a Lead Partner Relations Manager, you will work closely with the other lead(s) in your region to manage the team. You’ll maintain a small number of strategic partner accounts alongside your own set of direct reports while also functioning as part of a united leadership team for the region. You’ll help your PRM team amplify the voice of Unity users, solve hard problems, and influence product decisions to reflect what creators really care about. As a valued member of a globally-distributed leadership team with a diverse group of backgrounds and skills, you'll learn from and support each other to overcome obstacles. Together you will collaborate to create new systems and processes that improve PRM efficiency. You’ll share valuable insight to help identify opportunities to deliver better customer value and improve the worklife of the global PRM team. You will also create opportunities for team learning and growth while supporting direct reports to take ownership of their development, recognise and motivate the team towards our target values and behaviours to deliver on our mission to define and drive partner success!
What you’ll be doing
- Own the support relationship for a strategic selection of Unity’s highest-profile games, gambling and entertainment partners.
- Enable, support and grow the PRM team through coaching and 1:1s, supporting the onboarding of new team members, overseeing team training, delivering performance feedback and helping to create growth maps.
- Proactively drive Customer Success through the team by monitoring customer health, supporting the team in creating/actioning plans to address areas of low scores, collaborating with adjacent teams to address these respective areas, sharing any or opportunities that deliver additional customer value, and celebrating wins and the people behind them.
- Support and Inform Team Manager: ensure critical team and customer information is surfaced, share opportunities for improvements in people, product and process, report on progress, wins and risks support with Ad Hoc leadership requests and escalate individual, team and customer issues where appropriate.
- Proactively maintain excellent relations between the team and other Unity departments
What we’re looking for
- Helping your team succeed IS YOUR JAM; you have strong mentoring skills and are driven by developing and enabling others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, catering to executive and technical folks.
- Experience working in games development, games services, gambling, or other intersecting industries
- Highly proactive, accountable, and influential, you have an affinity for nurturing and growing strategic relationships.
- Available to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed
You might also have
- Past experience in a people manager role for a team of Technical Project Managers, Producers, Technical Account Managers or other teams in the tech industry
- Professional or enthusiast knowledge of Unity, or technical experience in software development
- A Customer Success background
Note: We are aware that statistically, underrepresented groups in a given field will not apply for a position if they do not hit 100% of the requirements. If you feel we’ve described you above, but you haven’t ticked all the boxes, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Gross base salary (USD): $117,000 - $158,30
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.