Lead Payroll Ops Specialist
Job Title:Lead Payroll Ops Specialist
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Under the direction of the Payroll Operations Supervisor, the Lead Payroll Operations Specialist performs Payroll operational tasks in a variety of complex Payroll functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification/auditing and reconciliation of employee wage payments, leave information, Payroll/benefit records, accurate tax withholding and net payment of funds for a large North America division of the company; This position requires extensive knowledge of Payroll, technical and communication skills, functional and transactional audits of electronic data, as well as experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal/external customers. This is a high-volume Payroll center located in Santa Monica, California. The Lead Payroll Operations Specialist effectively leads and supports the Payroll Operations processing timelines to ensure Payroll accuracy and timeliness.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Delivers Payroll operational best practices with regards to bi-weekly Payroll functions
- Leads and assists operation support staff to ensure timeliness and accuracy of Payroll processing including completion of established daily Payroll duties and validation of estimated and final funding instructions to Treasury
- Performs both recurring and on-demand payroll audits, identifies variances and corrects promptly as needed
- Performs monthly outstanding check reconciliations
- Fully drives on-demand Stock and International Payroll
- Imports, audits and balances Third Party Vendor transactions including, relocation, flexible spending, 401(k), etc.
- Supports Payroll Operations with full On-cycle/Supplemental/Adjustment/Quarter-End/Year-End/On-Demand Payroll processing as necessary including Payroll Open, Payroll Imports, Full execution of HR system Interfaces, Payroll Balancing, Payroll Entries, Payroll Income/Deduction/Tax Calculation, prompt correction of errors, Expat Payroll, Payroll Close and Post Payroll Processes
- Validates company-wide pre and post Payroll processes in accordance to departmental internal controls and standards and in compliance with local, state, and federal laws
- Validates and calculates Adjustments (Current and Prior Period) and performs entries into company Payroll system
- Documents and maintains Payroll operation workflows and work procedures
- Provides support with duties as assigned by department management and Payroll Tax Operations
- Designated back-up to the Sr Payroll Operations Specialist
- Designated source for training and cross-training to Payroll Operations staff in all aspects of Payroll Operations processing and department established practices and systems
- Validates/audits and balances imported hours from timekeeping systems and into Payroll system and serves as back-up for Exporting from the timekeeping systems
- Identifies, communicates and properly resolves outstanding employee social security number updates on a quarterly basis
- Supports Payroll Operations Supervisor and leads Payroll Operations on Month-End, Quarter-End and Year-End Payroll tasks and projects
- Daily review and handling of Payroll department cases via Company’s case management system
- Validates and supports processing of manual check wage payments including manual check document back-up preparation and route for approvals
- Processing of all Payroll related transactions including but not limited to; new hire proration, termination payments, leave of absence pay, benefit deductions, garnishments, direct deposit, Federal/State/Local tax withholdings, Severance pay, Gift Income reporting, Taxable Fringe benefits, Bonus payments, Stipends, Expense Reimbursement payments, Retro payments, Visa tax exemptions, etc.
- Timely and accurate reporting of approved manual checks into company’s bank portal for Positive Pay processing
- Creates and runs/prepares standard and ad hoc reports using the company’s reporting tools
- Reviews complex pre-check Payroll standard and department-built reports including Payroll error reports; corrects errors as necessary, determines readiness to produce final balanced Payrolls for timely workflow approval review
- Partners with Finance, Human Resources, Recruiting, Operations and other departments to ensure exceptional Payroll Operations accuracy and timeliness
- Maintains applicable compliance knowledge by reviewing and studying professional publications as well as completing Payroll educational courses annually and as requested by department management
- Opens and tracks tickets/cases with Payroll vendor for production issues and process improvements
- Ability to promptly identify, resolve and properly communicate potential complex Payroll issues
- Exercises good written and verbal communication skills to ensure customer service standards are delivered
- Prepares and sends certain information to internal and external parties as required
- Assists employees with questions regarding pay issues and interpreting, and applying Payroll and benefit laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Assists with other Payroll related special projects, including internal and external audit requests
- Supports Payroll shared service management team with preparation of documents, timelines and results
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Supports Payroll Operations (including Supervisor), Payroll Director and the Payroll Tax Operation with other tasks/projects as requested/needed
- Suggest and assist in implementing Process Improvement measures
- Ensures the integrity of the Payroll Operations Guide and the Payroll Shared Service SLA
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5-7 years minimum in a Payroll Office performing Payroll processing functions.
- Experience in a high volume, multi-entity, multi-state, Payroll shared service-based environment.
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements.
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management.
- Ability to positively and collaboratively work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise utmost discretion.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Experience with the company’s existing Payroll systems.
- Experience with a publicly traded company.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $31.08 - $57.46 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.