Lead QA Tester – Analytics
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, PGA2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
As our Analytics team continues to grow, we are looking to augment our QA team with a team-focused, passionate leader to guide our team’s efforts in designing, validating, and documenting data pipelines and game telemetry. Our team is committed to working closely with our data engineers and data scientists, as well as external stakeholders, to ensure validity of internal and external data feeds.
This role will report to a QA Manager and will be 100% in-office sitting in either Las Vegas NV, Austin TX, Novato CA, or Madrid Spain. Our team will have testers sitting in each of these locations and will regularly work with international teams.
- Lead team efforts to perform data quality checks on a wide range of data sources such as sales, marketing, game telemetry data, data pipelines, and BI dashboards (manual and automated)
- Plan, track, organize, and communicate QA efforts within the Data & Analytics team and with development partners
- Create, maintain, and improve game telemetry architecture/design processes to enable optimal telemetry hooks throughout our portfolio of games
- Create, maintain, and improve documentation for team processes, game telemetry data sets, best practices, and helpful knowledge
- Assess and revise test strategies based on project scope changes
- Mentor and coach team members to develop team skills
- Foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximizing employee morale and productivity both within the team and with external partners
- Consistently is a positive role model to testers within the department
- Leadership skills to include successfully handling ambiguity, flexibility, and understanding of the development process, while maintaining good relations with producers and developers
- Be a natural at building relationships with outstanding communication skills by demonstrating patience, positivity, and helpfulness with internal team members and external partners with the ability to adapt to the different needs of each group
- 5+ years video game industry, QA, and/or data experience or other related experience
- Ability to lead a team working on multiple projects simultaneously / shift context with ease
- Advanced written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
- Intermediate / Advanced SQL skills
- Extensive game knowledge across many different genres and platforms
- Some data or telemetry architecture / design experience
- Extensive experience working with and/or testing data pipelines and technologies
- Some Python programming experience or ability to read and generally understand code
- Some data visualization experience (Tableau, etc)
- Experience with agile methodologies / sprints
- Passion for games and the games industry
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.