Lead Quest/Mission Designer (F/M/NB)
As Lead Quest Designer on a new unannounced AAA game, you will work on the player's interaction with the story. You will manage a team of Quest Designers, collaborate with the Narrative and Design teams and you will participate in the design of narrative systems, content pipelines and their practical implementation.
- Manage a team of level and quest designers;
- Design, write and implement the game's narrative content;
- Collaborate with the project's various Design, Art and Narrative teams to develop innovative missions/quests that fit into the overall vision of the game;
- Participate in the development of a narrative structure, create and maintain scripts/scenes to control the different elements of the game;
- Consider new design ideas and investigate their implementation (new gameplay, AI, cameras, audio, text, objectives, etc.)
- Continuously evaluate the accessibility and difficulty level of your designs;
- Participate in the development of tools and technologies to improve the narrative workflow.
- Previous experience in Quest/Mission Design within AAA projects,
- Experience in open world game storytelling is a plus,
- Experience in team management
- Strong curiosity and general knowledge beyond video games,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English,
- Rigour, creativity, adaptability, autonomy and self-criticism
· Phone Interview with our recruiter
· Interview with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.