Lead Software Developer - Strategic Technologies
We are the Strategic Technologies team; a part of the Emerging Technology team within Accelerate Solutions! We are a team of senior technical experts that partner with AAA game studios to help them make ambitious games while simultaneously improving Unity's technologies by incorporating our partners' needs into our offerings!
Our team has a new opening for an experienced hardworking professional that enjoys owning their work, and also has a passion to learn and grow as a Lead Software Developer, External Productions. In this role, you will be working with our partners, our team, and the Unity R&D teams to tackle challenging problems while providing the best technical implementations of Unity features.
For interested team members, there are opportunities for travel to Unity and customer offices as well as for learning opportunities to such events as conferences and seminars.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to a growing team of experienced collaborators, with assistance from an Executive Producer, developing outstanding new technologies for our partners
- Drive technical direction and enable team members personal development
- Enable success while aligning with Unity's internal release schedules and partner roadmaps by collaborating with leadership and internal teams
- Partake in the partner game development lifecycle by maintaining, building up, or crafting Unity technologies
- Assist the team in facilitating and building relationships with Unity's R&D teams
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading software development teams from concept of the project to delivery
- A strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Great communication skills with the ability to interact directly with partners, encourage collaboration, and nurture new innovative ideas
- Solid experience with games and/or other real-time interactive applications
- The ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems
You might also have
- Successfully participated in the full-cycle development of games on PC or consoles using Unity or Unreal
- Deep familiarity with one subfield of real-time 3D game development, such as animation, real-time rendering, low-latency networking, ECS programming
- Ground-breaking proficiency of C# standard and its ecosystem
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.