Lead, Software Development
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Development and Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
Your day-to-day work will include managing a team of consultants responsible for profiling and optimisation in Unity's Editor and Engine, interacting with customers, analysing the Engine source code, and supporting your team with their professional development by growing their skills and knowledge. Short-term success is empowering a high functioning team, assisting Unity developers to profile and optimise game projects.
In the longer term, you'll become an established leader crafting process and providing technical mentorship within Unity. You will encourage and manage your team finding exciting opportunities including personal research, speaking at conferences, delivering training to customers and colleagues, and guiding Unity's direction by delivering feedback and advice to our R&D teams!
This is a rewarding role where you will see a diverse range of projects made in the game engine and grow your team and yourself as expert consultants. We contribute to hundreds of games each year using the best techniques in Unity
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within the region the role is located. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds!
What you’ll be doing
- Advise the team implementing short-term consultations on Unity game projects and guide career growth and professional development
- Offer technical mentorship and assist team with fixing, debugging, and problem solving performance issues
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams, as well as external partners to and enable customer feedback via your team
- Evaluate and iterate on processes and consulting products
What we’re looking for
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyse, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience with people management including performing high quality 1:1s, recruiting and hiring, and team building
You might also have
- Product or program management experience
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.