Lead, Software Engineer Platform Graphics
Are you a software engineer with a passion for video games graphics? Are you looking to lead a team of diverse and talented engineers working on the latest console hardware? If so we are offering a great opportunity for you to join our PlayStation and Nintendo Graphics Device Team as a Software Engineering Lead.
Unity is the editor and ubiquitous engine that runs real-time content anywhere. We serve interactive content creators by making Unity the best way to get real-time content on any device or form factor.
Our Graphics Device teams within the Platform Graphics group contributes to this mission by doing the core engineering that connects Unity’s technology stack to platform specific graphics SDK and APIs.
To help the teams achieve this mission we are looking for an engineering lead for our PlayStation and Nintendo teams and help shape the future of graphics on some of the most exciting console hardware in the world.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the development teams responsible for our low level graphics integration with PlayStation and Nintendo platforms.
- Empowering and supporting a distributed, multicultural engineering team making sure they are always challenged and engaged with tasks matching and stretching their abilities
- Ensuring your teams are delivering the most value to our users by contributing to our operational, strategic and quarterly planning processes
- Engaging with, and building our quality culture to ensure our planning and development processes are setup to attain the very highest quality bar
What we’re looking for
- An experienced graphics engineer with knowledge of modern graphics APIs
- An excellent communicator, active listener, and a builder of relationships to help drive for alignment across the entire organisation
- A leader that is up to the challenge of facilitating an environment in which the best ideas win by encouraging and respecting the input of all team members, taking into account different communication styles, and experiences
- Empathy for the unique challenges game developers face building and maintaining rich experiences on console platforms
You might also have
- Experience working with multi threaded technologies
- Experience developing Unity-based games
- Experience managing teams in projects built at scale
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.