Lead, Software Engineer, Quality - XR
Joining Unity's XR organization means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices and platforms including Oculus, OpenXR, Magic Leap, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology.
As a Lead in the XR org, you will manage a motived group of QA engineers and engage with program managers and developers on quality practices and approaches for a variety of projects. You will actively be involved in driving the team towards the best balance of automated and manual tests, and in ensuring tools and processes are in place to continually improve quality across the board. Your expertise will help the XR organization build a quality-focused product to help deliver the platforms and features that have powered the most successful XR games and applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- People Manager maintaining employee retention by recruiting, mentoring, orienting, career planning and training
- Drive the development teams towards continuous improvement and higher quality - address technical problems and guide the team to solutions
- Connect with teams across Unity and external partners to ensure a quality end-to-end experience of all deliverables
- Develop a quality culture to ensure long-term success and setting standards and objectives for Quality
- Leading projects, developing, implementing and optimizing robust test strategies and doing technical guidance on QA projects to ensure efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- A consistent track record of shipping large, complex software projects and driving quality
- Ability to build, contribute and implement Best Practices and QA processes across projects and identify risks and offer solutions to mitigate
- Experience using JIRA/Confluence, Unity, TestRail, Jenkins, GitHub, and validating various tech stacks
- Experience in providing test estimates for project management and resource planning
You might also have:
- Experience testing AR/VR products
- Experience running a QA team embedded with developers
- Experience in representing the customer experience to partners, internal and external to the company
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.