Lead Systems Engineer - 163261
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Lead Systems Engineer - 163261
Are you a seasoned Systems Engineer with a passion for driving silicon product delivery and ensuring your teams are working on top priority tasks and issues? Do you have an amazing amount of system, silicon, and firmware experience to share with the world? Do you love leading validation strategies, test plans, BIOS implementations, and debug efforts?
If the answers to these questions are "yes" then AMD has a dream job waiting for you!
This is a high visibility leadership role with broad responsibilities and accountable to the VP level.
- Lead Post-Silicon execution for semi-custom SOCs, End-to-End
- Face to the Customer for System Engineering
- Work with cross organization teams to ensure Silicon/SW/Platform/etc. features are in sync, development is supported, and validation is planned
- Set technical direction for the test activities, including bring up of silicon & boards
- Issue triage, prioritization, and root-cause resolution plans
- Owner for System specification that includes:
- Platforms definitions: Validation, test, and reference platforms
- Covers all system features to be validated
- Test requirements for all system features
- System test plans that include
- Functions within Silicon IP, Bios, Firmware, Drivers, Silicon, IO subsystems, power/performance, thermal, OS certification
- Cross-functional groups (Performance, Power, and Manufacturing etc.)
- External and Customer co-validation teams
- Platform configurations – system BOM definition, component selection
- Sign-off responsibility for Synchronized releases for internal and external delivery
- CPU, chipset, boards, options, peripherals, OS, BIOS, drivers
- Test execution and debug leadership across AMD
- Assure that all responsibilities are clearly defined across all relevant and participating organizations
- 10+ years of experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Prior experience with client PC and/or server system design and validation
- Microprocessor bring-up and debug
- Prior experience with testing tools and environments, defect tracking and revision control
- Knowledge of Computer Architecture concepts and silicon development
- Microsoft Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems, virtualization software (VMware, Ubuntu, et al), and validation/certification processes for each of these environments
- Experience with system component compatibility and stress testing
- Familiar with power/performance optimization and tradeoffs
- MS Office & MS Project tool suites
- Familiar with scripting languages and programming (Python/Ruby)
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
Requisition Number: 163261
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.