Lead Systems Engineer
The Lead Systems Engineer provides technical leadership and expertise to systems design, manage, and enhances The Pokemon Company Internationals’ IT portfolio of systems and services. This engineering-oriented individual works within a dedicated IT team to deliver technology solutions for approximately 800 staff across multiple locations. They will be a leader in the management of the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of corporate servers, software systems, and applications.
What You Will Do
- Take technical ownership to provide the highest levels of uptime and reliability of our IT systems and services.
- Lead the IT design, review and provide input towards delivering both simple and complex technical solutions for long-term IT strategies and growth.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Cloud, On-Premise and Software as a Service (SAAS) application systems.
- Develop, encourage, and be a leader of engineering principals within IT.
- Provide team technical leadership to support as an escalation point for all team members. Provide expert guidance or direction to the IT team,
- Manage and direct both internal and external contractor and vendor resources.
- Seek out areas within IT to deploy automation for repeatable manual tasks to reduce workloads.
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of existing technologies, services, and their use within the business.
- Manage system deployments with other teams, internal stakeholders, external partners, and vendors.
- Provide post-mortem support to determine root cause of service interruptions and make recommendations on changes needed to prevent recurrence.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with server application errors, performance issues, and hardware malfunctions across the enterprise.
- Ensure consistent, timely, and effective response for all technical incidents/tickets reported by customers.
- Research new or enhance existing technologies, conduct proof-of-concepts, make recommendations, and develop business cases to justify new technology investments.
- Develop and enhance technical documentation to reflect changes to IT systems.
- Act as first responder in the on-call rotation.
What You Will Bring
- 8-11 years of experience leading the development and management of enterprise IT systems engineering and administration.
- 8-11 years of technical and engineering leadership experience in design, deployment, and management of Microsoft systems and services including: VMWare, Server Operating Systems, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Intune, Group Policy, File Services, Microsoft 365, and PowerShell.
- 5-7 years of experience providing technical team leadership and mentorship to IT team members.
- 5-7 years of experience in deployment, configuration, and management experience with AWS and Azure clouds including compute, security layering, data management, and automation.
- 5-7 years of experience providing functional Tier III systems support in Windows and Mac Service Desk environments.
- Demonstrated experience with project management, using analytical skills to work on multiple concurrent projects while managing required project resources.
- Experience in automation platforms and services. Experience with migrating repeatable manual processes to automated solutions
- Experience in management and integration of SAAS and Single Sign On (SSO) providers in cloud and on-premise services.
- History of Virtual server configuration, deployment, and management.
- A working history of using strong, professional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the skill to articulate, and translate technical language to non-technical customers.
- Proficient in data backup in virtual server, and cloud environments.
- Industry Certifications (MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Server+, PMP) are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format. You’re able to demonstrate active listening to make your customer feel heard and understood.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You’re empathetic and understanding to employees who need your help. You aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and display patience and professionalism working with employees having a range of computer competencies.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
- Service Orientation: You always keep internal and external customer(s) in mind. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Integrity and Trust: behaves in an authentic, honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Is a credible business advocate and partners possessing courage to address matters promptly.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.