« Do you enjoy solving technical problems while being at heart of things? Can you easily switch between high- and low-resolution strategies? Then this job is for you! »
We are looking for a Lead Tech Designer to join our studio for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Lead Tech Designer you will guide, mentor and build a team of Technical Designers that can follow your lead and work across various areas of the project. You’ll garner a high-level of understanding for our design ambition and how it can be achieved with our expanding technical toolbox. During our different phases of production, you’ll alternate between a resolution of high detail and high level to deliver solutions and direction for both designers and technical teams, to realise a one-of-a-kind design for our project.
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams that make decisions independently and have the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll liaise with key stakeholders and be the bridge between our Game Director and our Technical Director for Gameplay. Furthermore, you will direct and generate briefs for a team of complementary skills and abilities to provide solutions for new exciting challenges.
In this role you will...
• Define how various game systems are best architected and built, bridging the gap between design and tech implementation.
• Continuously analyse our design development, working together with key stakeholders to develop contingency and apply mitigation as needed (engine, data, features, etc).
• Assess our existing tools and design custom ones when needed, to support our design pipelines and workflows.
• Be part of driving our technical ambition and stay up to date on market trends to define our best practices and share that knowledge with our teams.
We would love if you...
• Have a few years' experience as a game developer, ideally in a leadership position within either game design or programming working closely with design.
• Have a genuine interest in the 'How?' of Game development.
• Want to find the best fitted solution to complex problems and finding compromises for strong-willed stakeholders with differing needs.
• Have working knowledge of editors and good understanding of programming & script languages.
• You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Read more about us at: https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/