Lead Technical Animator [Star Wars Project]
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Lead at Massive, you would contribute to the development of a highly skilled and ambitious Technical Animation team working on the Star Wars project. In this role, you'll collaborate with other Leads, Producers, and multidisciplinary developers across our AAA production.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Prioritizing, supervising and planning the team’s day-to-day work
- Providing constructive feedback, mentoring, and coaching a team of Technical Animators
- Ensuring a productive workflow and beneficial relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring deliverables are completed on time, on specs, and up to quality standards
- As a Technical Animator you'll also:
- Create and maintain an animation pipeline and DCC tools for Gameplay and Cinematic Animators as well as Character artists
- Supporting the Gameplay and Cinematic animation teams with rigs
- Supporting Animators with procedural animation solutions for some characters and vehicles
- Establish real-time IK solutions for any Gameplay feature that requires it
- Debug animation and character problems in the game
What you'll bring
You are a motivated and team-oriented Lead, dedicated to the craft of Animation. You find the team's achievements to be motivating and are able to supervise a team by providing constructive feedback and support whenever needed. As an Animator, you share our enthusiasm for film and the games industry and are motivated by the chance to bring things to a higher level. Your experience within large productions and from leading a team allows you to solve problems on the job and organize an effective workflow. You have excellent communication skills in English (our company language) which with your proactive approach enables you to build trust with your team and the various stakeholders you’ll collaborate with along the way.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a mentor/lead/manager or equivalent
- Several years of professional experience in Animation (Rigging) for games on console and PC (ideally with at least one AAA title shipped) including setting up and/or maintaining Animation and character pipelines
- Professional experience working with DCC's such as: Maya, Mobu, Blender
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.