Lead Technical Animator - XDefiant
We are looking for a Lead Technical Animator, in this role you will supervise and mentor a team of Technical Animators. You will contribute to crafting a stunning interactive world, by bringing your own thoughts and experience to the table while inspiring your team to push the limits. As a Lead you are the expert and support on how to setup and guide the team on technical challenges for the execution of this work, collaborating with programmers, animators, character artists and game designers.
You’ll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prioritizing, supervising and planning the team’s day-to-day work
- Providing constructive feedback, mentoring and coaching a team of Technical Animators
- Ensuring a productive workflow and beneficial relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring deliverables are completed on-time, on specs and up to quality standards
- Create and maintain an animation pipeline and DCC tools for gameplay and cinematic animators and character artists
- Supporting the gameplay and animation teams with animatable rigs
- Support animators with procedural animation solutions for some characters and vehicles
- Establish real-time IK solutions for any gameplay feature that requires it
- Debug animation and character problems in the game
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
As a Lead, you are well organized, like to be on top of things and find the teams achievements to be motivating and important. You understand the challenges of real time production and have previous experience with animation and character pipelines, animation systems and character rigging and are able to supervise a team of like-minded people providing positive feedback and support whenever needed.
- Professional experience supervising Technical Animation within game production(s) or movie industry
- Professional animation experience in rigging either from the game or movie industry
- Professional experience with setting up and/or maintaining animation and character pipelines
- Proven experience coaching, mentoring, and providing feedback
- Professional experience working with Maya, Motion Builder, Blender or other DCCs
- Professional experience with Game Engines (Unreal, Unity or similar)
- Ideally some experience setting animation systems in state machines
- Relevant portfolio/demo reel is desirable
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 - $150,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.