Lead Technical Artist [Assassin's Creed VR] (489)
The Lead Technical Artist will lead a technical art team within a collaborative multi discipline environment with a focus on the three pillars of Leadership at Ubisoft: Care about people, drive performance and development and lead in complexity.
What you will do
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes;
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project;
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints;
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management;
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high quality art with limited resources;
- Set and share best practices within the group;
- Be reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Assist in the development of training programs for artists as and when they are required; Provide feedback and advise team members on the project;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations and textures as and when required;
- Support their manager in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
What you will bring
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Understanding and history of proficiency in using 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce);
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations;
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines;
- Knowledge of different hardware architectures;
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as MaxScript, Python, C# etc.;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Experience in technical art or significant involvement in a relevant discipline;
- Experience managing and leading technical staff.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.