Lead Technical Artist
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers to join our team!
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
About this position:
The Lead Technical Artist role is responsible for a wide range of areas from tool and workflow design and implementation, to optimization analysis, to shader authoring to visual prototyping. A Jack-of-all-trades, the Lead Technical Artist deploys a wide range of technical skills along with a strong understanding of cutting edge AAA content creation techniques in order to empower content creators to unleash their creativity without being encumbered by technological constraints.
- Create realistic Characters and Creatures from concepts using the latest industry tools, from start to finish.
- Create 3D Models, Textures and In-Game Materials.
- Work with Concept Artists/Tech Artists/Riggers/Animators in a collaborative environment to create, design and solve characters and creatures, both visually and technically.
- Communicate with Leads, Art Director and Character Artists on a regular basis.
- Creatively troubleshooting technical limitations.
- Optimize and deliver clean assets with the correct organization.
- Communicate with Production to ensure all deadlines are met.
- A minimum of 3+ years creating AAA quality art assets.
- A strong understanding of PBR materials and in-game models.
- Proficiency in Maya, Substance Painter (or other texturing tool) and Zbrush.
- Experience working in modern game engines (UE4 preferred, not required)
- Experience with blend shapes and corrective shapes is a plus.
- A passion and hunger to make the best games.