Lead Technical Artist
To support and develop the art & technical pipelines through education, tool creation, asset optimizations. You will ensure that the project ships out a performant & polished product.
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high-quality art with limited resources.
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints.
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring them to the attention of management.
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise.
- Optimize content for memory and performance gains.
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project.
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations, and textures as and when required.
- Plan, prioritize and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long.
- Provide team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development - ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small.
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within the team.
- Empower team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes.
- Broad knowledge of game engines such as Unreal, and DCC tools such as Max/Maya/Houdini.
- Good knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as MaxScript, Python, C#, HLSL, GLSL etc.
- Artistic eye with strong knowledge of the creation & integration of 2D/3D art, and ability of providing various tech solutions for complex technical and art-related challenges.
- Ideally Shipped 1+ AAA title from start to finish on multiple platforms with extensive performance optimization experience.
- Experience as a lead TA or equivalent role to manage and lead a team with confirmed leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability of illustrating technical processes for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong mindset of collaboration, agility and taking initiatives to move things forward.
- Experience of open world games is a plus.
- Experience of collaboration with oversea studios is a plus.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal-opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
Ubisoft Da Nang - where bright ideas are given a chance to shine
Ubisoft Da Nang is an ambitious studio full of international talents. We are committed to creating worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise and fun.
Since 2020, we are bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, Southeast Asia, and the world together to bring Ubisoft worlds to new audiences.
At Ubisoft Da Nang, you will grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. You will be able to work on challenging and interesting projects, that will be displayed at the international level.
Joining our studio is taking the opportunity to grow within the Ubisoft family, to work on our most famous brands either by developing instant party games powered by H5 technology, by creating games on Unity, or working on web3 projects.
We aim to empower and connect our talents within a dynamic and creative workplace that was awarded best office design in Vietnam by VMark 2021. Joining Ubisoft Da Nang will give you access to so much! From the beach to the mountains, clean air, no traffic, and proximity to every big city in Southeast Asia, as well as be part of one of the tech hubs in South-East Asia.
So, if you share our vision and want to be part of our team, contact us. Join us and create the unknown!
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Da Nang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern, and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Ubisoft Connect account with access to all Ubisoft titles on PC
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance
- UBIVERSARY for your working milestones
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Premium gym club access
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS5, Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck…), coffee, tea and snack (cookies, candies…)