Lead Technical Artist
Collaborating with the Artistic Director, the Lead Technical Artist is responsible for research, innovation, technical quality of the production.
The main goal and missions are to:
- Plan, prioritize and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Provide team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgment of all achievements, both big and small;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within the team.
- Empower team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Collaborate with team leads to identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high-quality art with limited resources.
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints.
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring them to the attention of management;
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Optimize content for memory and performance gains;
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project.
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations, and textures as and when required.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes.
- Solid experience in Technical Art or other relevant experience
- Shipped at least 1 game in a technical art role; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console title.
- Experience in 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as perforce) and different hardware architectures
- Knowledge of compression formats directly supported by GPU hardware
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as MaxScript, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations.
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.