Lead Technical Designer [New IP] (521)
Lead a team of Technical Designers within a collaborative multidisciplinary environment with a focus on the three pillars of leadership at Ubisoft: care about people; drive performance and development; lead in complexity.
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster a team-player culture.
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team all year long.
- Provide your team with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development ensuring acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small.
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision.
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow.
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Develop performance and expertise within the team while furthering your own knowledge and expertise.
- Be a representative for the technical design team for the rest of production.
- Establish the technical needs of the project by consulting documentation and communicating with key people involved in the development of the creative vision.
- Drive the development of technical features and efforts to improve the technical quality of the content created.
- Coordinate with the project Leads to maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical constraints.
- Establish and share best practices relating to technical design.
- Collaborate with Leads and Technical Directors to define the project Metrics.
- Develop and adapt the best tools and pipelines for the project.
- Organise the training of Designers on the project’s tools and pipelines.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas.
- Ability to coach team members and create personal development plans.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.
- Understanding of video game creation pipelines.
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations.
- Knowledge of different hardware architecture.
- Experience managing and leading technical staff.
- Development experience in a design or technical role, with significant involvement in released products a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in game-design, programming or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with 3D engines (Such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine etc.).
- Training or experience in programming is an asset.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.