Lead Tools Programmer (517)
Lead an engineering team within a collaborative multidiscipline environment with a focus on the three pillars of Leadership at Ubisoft: Care about People, Drive Performance and Development and Lead in Complexity.
What Will You Do
- Build an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, prioritise and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Provide your team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development -- ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements, both big and small;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about people: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Work with stakeholders to create task estimates, track schedules and development efforts across the team;
- Ensure your team participates in standard studio development processes;
- Liaise with internal and external middleware technology providers, and console manufacturers;
- Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead;
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions that meet design and technical requirements;
- Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system by leading regular technical design and code reviews;
- Define good programming practices and coding standards, and ensure they are prioritised within the team through regular peer code reviews;
- Continually review development processes to identify potential improvements;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for technology sharing across projects;
- Supporting the line manager in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
What Will You Bring
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with excellent knowledge of object oriented development;
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc;
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers;
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication and general soft skills;
- Excellent knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
- Knowledge of most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio) with expertise in at least 1 area;
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a significant complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc;
- Proven ability to debug defects of a significant complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.