Lead UI Engineer - Infinity Ward
Job Title:Lead UI Engineer - Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 \"Game of the Year\" awards and 100 \"Editor\'s Choice\" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and hardworking development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward, developer of Call of Duty Modern Warfare, is seeking a motivated Lead UI Engineer.
As a Lead UI Engineer you will work on the user interfaces for the latest Call of Duty titles. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate team that defines and shapes the interface to our players.
This team operates in a fast-paced environment and priorities can change often. This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Coach and mentor engineers.
- Collaborate with other departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.).
- Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios.
- Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process.
- Design and architect UI systems and frameworks.
- Develop, modify, and debug UI software in script and C/C++.
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize, and test UI software on PC and console platforms.
- Able to collaborate, coordinate, and communicate with partner teams.
- Able to define and manage team’s work and manage change.
- Passion and capability to manage and grow a team.
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented.
- Write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code.
- Bachelor\'s degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field.
- Experience working in the game industry or related field.
- Experience with console development.
- Aptitude for UX design.
- Familiarity with Lua programming.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world\'s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.