As a Lead Unity Programmer, you will be responsible for leading, developing gameplay systems to create a rich and compelling player experience, motivating and managing the subordinates. You will be also responsible for defining and tracking the schedule for your team, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team, and being an evangelist for the project.
- Lead and manage subordinates at technical and personnel level.
- Act as the key technical point of contact for their project
- Mentor junior programmers and plan their skill development
- Determine the technical needs for the subordinates to work on a project
- Evaluate the fitness of third-party middleware in relation to projects
- Contribute to knowledge of best coding practices
- Conduct regular and constructive code reviews
- Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and identify areas of improvement.
- Setup processes while working in collaboration with other programmers (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
- Plan and evaluate the work performed by subordinates and analyze the impact on the project.
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development of games, providing solutions to resolve potentially complex problems.
- Accurately estimate time to complete programming tasks/objectives and be committed to meet them.
- Experience with Unity in the software development industry;
- Relevant experience as a Lead;
- Experience in managing subordinates of 4+ developers is a must;
- Extensive knowledge of Unity programming and debugging;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Good oral and written communication in English;
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.