Lead VFX Artist - Battlefield
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
You will be a seasoned VFX artist with some technical experience creating beautiful, chaotic and realistic VFX in games. You will help define our production techniques, maintain budgets while always being focused on the highest quality execution – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a leader.
You will report to the Studio Art Director.
Our Lead VFX Artist is a practical artist, inspired not only by the games industry but also by film, 2d, cinema and other media. Building games can be tough, with many challenges and a constantly evolving production environment. Proven experience is a necessity for this role. Our ideal Lead VFX Artist will have shipped two or more AAA games, with at least one of those titles in the position of lead VFX artist. Knowledge of commercial and proprietary games engines is a must, as this is a hands-on position, and you are comfortable with problem solving and communicating with your team daily. Additionally, you have experience communicating information and requests to other technical artists, engineers and designers to achieve the requirements of the project. You will be communicate with an Art Director and taking feedback and direction, making sure the VFX team is maintaining the vision for the project at the highest quality.
- An understanding of the VFX process, realistic execution and beautiful visuals.
- Experience with industry VFX packages to shatter, simulate, flood and set fire to in-game geometry in real-time (example: FumeFx, RayFire, Houdini, Maya Fluids, Alembic, Popcorn FX, MASH).
- You will implement, polish, and refine your work based on feedback, concept and direction and communicate the best process and technique to the VFX team.
- The ability to write documentation where required and maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers.
- Experience working with an Art Director to develop direction and quality goals and parsing that information to a team for execution.
- Be a patient, and a mentor to your team; pathfinding, and conflict resolution are all part of who you are as a leader.
- Have experience with cross discipline collaboration as a core tenant of who you are as a leader
Qualifications: Expertise in any of the following areas
- Work with Photogrammetry
- A passion of cinematic VFX and recreating that using real-time techniques
- Experience scaling a technique or process across a team
- Experience with daily scrums and management requirements of the role
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $154,800 - $213,300
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $131,600 - $179,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $131,600 - $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.