Lead Visual Effects Artist - Cinematics
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
- GAMEPLAY FIRST
- Let gameplay drive decision making
- BE ACCOUNTABLE
- Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
- PEOPLE FOCUSED
- Maintain an environment where people are happy
- EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM
- Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
- WORK SMART
- Put effort where it pays off the most
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Visual Effects Artist to help support the Marvel's Midnight Suns' cinematics team. As a Visual Effects Artist with our Cinematics Team, you will work with the Cinematics Director and other Disciplines to review, iterate and approve high quality assets from our Vendors that enhance the player’s experience and bring life and spectacle into our games’ Cinematics. The ideal candidate must have an excellent grasp of particle systems, material creation, modeling and texturing skills, with experience working on Cinematics pipelines. A strong working knowledge of tools and skills listed below is also expected:
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with Cinematics Leadership and other tto create the next generation of in-game Cinematics for Firaxis’ Franchises such as Civilization, XCom & Midnight Suns
- Create cinematic VFX assets that set the bar for quality, efficiency, and style that outsourcers will target.
- Efficiently concept and communicate ideas to rapidly iterate with Outsourcers and relevant internal stakeholders to deliver Cinematics to a high standard
- Give creative insight into scope and manage expectations of what the Cinematics VFX capabilities are
- Help establish pipelines for efficient creation, iteration and implementation of all Cinematics related VFX Content
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as a visual effects artist.
- Experience working with Cinematics Pipelines, especially in collaboration with external vendors
- At least 2 shipped products as a visual effects artist.
- Deep knowledge of the VFX tools of the Unreal 4 Engine, including: Niagara, Material creation, Sequencer & Blueprint logic
- A solid understanding of form, color, and lighting.
- Great painting, texturing, and 3D modeling skills.
- Able to problem solve both technically and creatively in a collaborative environment with directors / art directors
- A passion for making games.
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.