Lead Writer (F/M/NB)
Working closely with the Narrative, Creative and Content Directors of a new AAA project, you will be responsible for writing dialogues, scenes, story treatments and text.
With strong writing and management skills, you will also contribute to organize the production of the narrative content for a team of writers, distribute the tasks and communicate with other teams across several studios.
As such, in collaboration with the Narrative and/or Creative Director, your main missions will be to:
- Ensure the structural quality of the story as well as the general quality of writing,
- Make the narrative material accessible to the teams that require it (writers, narrative designers, quest designers, ...),
- Set up a writing schedule with the designated Associate Producer, and allocate the tasks between the writers effectively,
- Read and validate the writers’ work, and make revisions when necessary,
- Make sure that the writing deadlines are met,
- Collaborate effectively with other teams (quest designers, audio, level designers, artists, game designers…) and update the tools and documentation for narrative content
- Be able to give an organizational response to emergencies of rewriting or changing mission or game structure.
· Strong writing experience, especially in video games,
· First hands-on team management experience,
· Previous experience in managing a writers’ room is highly appreciated,
· Native English speaker,
· Good understanding of the production of a AAA video game,
· Previous experience of writing for open worlds is appreciated,
· Previous experience in narrative design or game design is highly appreciated,
· Ability to work in an Agile and iterative work environment, and to show reactivity and flexibility,
· Good time-management and communication skills,
Please provide us with some writing samples (dialogues extracts, character sheets, …)
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview(s) with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.