Lead Writer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
Working closely with the Narrative Director, you will be responsible for the writing of the game’s story content.
With strong writing and organizational skills, you will be in charge of writing the game’s script, organizing the production for a team of writers, and distributing their tasks.
As such, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the narrative director on the game’s story, characters and tone, and translate this vision into game scripts
- Ensure quality of the story as well as the general quality of writing throughout the game
- Be an advocate for the narrative team on the production floor, and a primary contact for different roles in production (writers, audio, level design, art)
- Set up a writing schedule with the production team, and allocate writing tasks between the writers effectively
- Read and validate the writers’ work, and make revisions when necessary
- Make sure that the writing deadlines are met
- Be able to give a flexible and cool-headed response to unpredicted needs for rewriting or changing missions or game structure
What you’ll bring
- Strong writing experience, preferably in the video games industry
- Team management or leadership experience
- Native English speaker or perfect command of the English language
- Solid understanding of the mechanics of a AAA video game
- Ability to work in an highly iterative fashion, and to show reactivity and flexibility, and to take creative feedback well
- Good time-management and communication skills
- Willingness to work on-site in our Berlin studio, in a hybrid work-from-home environment
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com