Lead/Senior Graphics Programmer 主管/高级图形程序员
About the role
Being part of the graphics team in Ubisoft Chengdu is exciting! Recently, we have been a key player in building the rendering pipeline on Switch platform and graphics optimization for “Immortals Fenyx Rising”. Join us, you will have the privilege to access all the original code of our famous in-house game engine Anvil, which we used to co-developed AAA game titles such as “Assassin's Creed” series and “Skull & Bone”, as well as Snowdrop engine used to develop many notable games by Ubisoft Studios.
Depending on your skills and experience, you will join the team making games ranges from party games such as “Rabbids” or “Roller Champions”, to AAA games like “Assassin's Creed”.
What you will do
- Based on Ubisoft’s in-house game engine, and in cooperation with technical art, responsible for the technical research and development of the graphics rendering pipeline, improve the quality of the game visuals and improve performance;
- Optimize the rendering pipeline and graphics algorithm for console game platforms like PlayStation, Xbox and Switch;
- Analysis of graphics technical difficulties and provide solutions, such as culling optimization;
- Graphics optimization technology: such as checkerboard rendering;
- Provide suggestions and develop corresponding tools for the game development process for debug purpose;
- Pre-research technical solutions such as ray tracing
- 针对PS, Xbox, Switch等游戏主机平台优化渲染流程及图形算法
What you should be equipped with
- Excellent foundation knowledge of Computer Science & Software Engineering
- Experienced in 3D graphics programming, game project preferred
- Understanding of any 3D game engine graphics part architecture and HAL(hardware abstract layer) implementation
- Familiar with CPU, GPU architecture and related development technology
- Multi-thread programming
- Familiar with C++, have solid programming skills and good coding standard, good mathematical foundation and knowledge of graphics algorithms
- Master at least one shader language (GLSL or HLSL)
- Familiar with performance and memory optimization
- Good written English to interact with a multi-culture work environment
- Experience in console game development
- Project and people management experience
- 掌握至少一门shader语言(GLSL 或 HLSL)
Ubisoft CSR commitment
Making a long-lasting positive impact for our players, our teams, our partners and our planet.
In Ubisoft, we are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
To learn more about Ubisoft’s Environmental Commitment
Play Green: Ubisoft’s Commitment to Global Carbon Neutrality