Learning and Development M3
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
The Manager of L&D, reporting into the Director L&D, will lead Riot’s Manager Development Programs. This person will be responsible for enabling world-class Manager and Leader specific learning in partnership with HRBP’s, Organizational Development Partners, and Senior Leaders at Riot. This role will be an essential learning leader who can accelerate the performance of our teams and unlock the power of our managers through dynamic and ongoing learning programs.
- Continually evolve the strategy and roadmap for Manager Development, in close partnership with the Director, L&D.
- Build organizational capability around Manager and Leader learning programs, working with L&D leadership to ensure appropriate support for design and delivery.
- Manage a team that consists of internal partners, Rioters, and/or external partners, to ensure ongoing delivery of Manager development programming.
- Oversee the design and delivery of Manager development learning programs. These programs may include (live cohort based learning, adhoc workshops, Elearning, long format, and blended learning manager curricula)
- Partner with instructional designers in L&D, senior leaders, organizational development partners, and HRBP’s on learning program needs analysis, design, delivery, measuring and reporting, taking a data-informed approach to needs identification, evaluation, and decision making, while aligning with broader L&D objectives and programs.
- Ensure buy-in, alignment, and sponsorship of Manager Development learning strategies, curricula, and roadmaps.
- Forecast and plan resourcing to ensure manager learning needs across Riot are met.
- Collaborate within and across leadership teams to design large-scale learning solutions that can leverage managers in driving business outcomes and serve as a resource within Riot regarding issues that face Managers. Partner and collaborate on Manager enablement, engagement, and outcomes across Riot.
- Act as a key member of the Central L&D leadership team to continually support setting strategy and implementing learning across Riot.
- Actively support the career development and performance management of direct reports from the Central L&D team.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years experience consulting with Managers, Leaders, and business stakeholders, knowledge of how to develop learning strategies, facilitation and design experiences for Senior leaders and managers.
- Proven ability to Facilitate learning, consult, and communicate effectively with Managers, Senior leaders, and Executives.
- Experience in a similar role at a fast-growing tech company or other similar company
- MBA, or Education Graduate Degree
- Management or Management Consulting Experience
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Workday) is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $123,000 - $173,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).