Learning and Development Manager
Learning and Development Manager
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
The Learning and Development Manager is an exciting, newly created role within our HR Publishing team that will support approximately 200+ staff across our Publishing and Studio Operations functions. Reporting to the HR Director, you will work closely with the Business Partners to drive business performance through targeted training programmes, increase bench strength of management capability and contribute towards SEGA’s vision to build structure and direction for employees through L&D programmes. You will help curate and create learning opportunities for employees of SEGA and leverage the help of an evolving learning technology stack to reinvent the “best in class” playbook for learning and development.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You are an enthusiastic and seasoned learning and development subject matter expert with experience working across various functions and locations for a multinational company. You are equal parts instructional designer, facilitator, and program manager. You have a proven track record in building learning and development programs and executing learning and development strategies to help people leaders and drive organisational change and development.
- Training Needs Analysis: Identify the learning needs of employees and teams through assessments, surveys, and discussions with HR BP’s and department heads.
- Program Design: Develop training programs that align with the organization's goals and objectives, catering to both individual and collective learning needs.
- Content Development: Create or curate training materials, resources, and content, including presentations, e-learning modules, workshops, and other learning materials.
- Delivery: Organize and deliver training sessions, workshops, seminars, and other learning events, using various methods such as in-person, online, or blended formats.
- Communication: Effectively communicate training opportunities, schedules, and expectations to employees, fostering a culture of learning and growth.
- Partnership with HR: Collaborate closely with the Human Resources department to align training initiatives with overall HR strategies, such as performance management and employee engagement.
- Vendor Management: When necessary, work with external training providers, consultants, or content creators to supplement in-house training efforts.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the learning and development field in organizations used to continuous change and evolution.
- You are a guru with all facets of learning program design–deeply steeped in needs analysis, curriculum development, facilitation, and program management.
- A confident influencer, who takes time to build trust and relationships with managers whilst challenging the status quo.
- Previous experience building workshops and/or learning programs from the ground up, resulting in measurable learning and behaviour changes.
- Liaise with external suppliers and masterclass experts to organise and schedule sessions.
- You are a trusted partner for stakeholders—able to counsel, consult, and recommend appropriate learning interventions to meet the needs of the business.
- You are an ambitious innovator, ready to help drive the adoption of our new programming.
- Oversee the end-to-end delivery of all learning and development activities and supporting communication in keeping with the L&D budget.
- Identify development needs across the organization and work with our online training provider (Udemy) to curate learning paths relevant for different departments within the organisation.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).