Legal Operations and Administrative Coordinator
LEGAL OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours.
Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
We are seeking a self-motivated, mid-level legal administrative and operations professional that is creative, adaptable, and collaborative to provide administrative support to the Legal and Business Affairs Team and to ensure the day-to-day legal operations are managed/supported in the best way.
Our team sits within SEGA Europe’s central publishing function. We support the publishing business and development studios across all disciplines within the business, including product development, marketing, sales, commercial publishing, data privacy and compliance. We also regularly interact and co-operate with the Legal departments at SEGA of America and SEGA of Japan on global issues affecting SEGA. The work is varied, and the team’s emphasis is focussed on adding value to the business.
Sega’s business continues to grow at pace. To support this, we are focusing on our investment in legal operations to drive continuous improvement in the efficiency of our department. A key responsibility for the role will be to work closely with our legal team and business partners to drive technology initiatives that solve the process challenges in our end-to-end experience. You will be responsible for managing our current systems and tools for contract and document management, and help to create and further build upon a roadmap for harnessing legal tech and automation to ensure that we remain as innovative as our business. You will also be responsible for administrative support for the team in both ad hoc and high-volume workload.
We are looking for someone proactive, with proven experience working in a dynamic, process-driven environment, who has experience in administrative support and project management, with the ability to build strong relationships with the legal team and key stakeholders in the business to drive operational changes. Experience working with in-house lawyers and developing and implementing technology solutions is desirable.
- Contract administration: Management of the process for execution and filing of contacts using our document management system. Maintain and update the system as well as onboarding staff to expand its use within the business.
- Project Management: Drive the legal team’s immediate need to identify and implement new systems and tools to improve the operational efficiency of the legal team. Support end-to-end project lifecycle including requirements gathering, solution design, implementation, testing, rollout, change management and ongoing support.
- Training: Provide training on processes and any technologies introduced to the business. Collaborate with various business units within publishing and development studios.
- Metrics: Contribute to metrics and KPIs for the Legal Department to help us track, measure and improve performance of key processes and procedures.
- Knowledge Management: Create and maintain documentation for legal operations supported workflows and existing knowledge management efforts
- Invoice processing: Process invoices for legal team using the Oracle finance system
- General admin support: Support to the legal team on ad hoc and high volume workload, including assisting in preparation of documents for company filing and board meetings, monthly reporting of trademark portfolio, and preparing NDAs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Legal Operations (or similar operational role) and Administration, with an understanding of the requirements of an in-house legal team
- Experience working with contract management systems and other legal/workflow systems
- A competent administrator with good organisational and time-keeping skills, high attention to detail and motivated to carry out routine administrative tasks
- Love of process and inspired to continually improve processes with the ability to analyse and propose solutions to key stakeholders within the business
- Strong project management and communication skills with experience presenting to key stakeholders on operational systems
- Competent in using Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effectively manage own workload with minimum supervision
- Legal and commercial knowledge is a plus, but not a necessity