As a Level Artist at Ubi Qc, you'll create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
Be it in a level, side mission, or piece of an open-world map, you assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player experience. Every asset you carefully place, from a building to a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and a mood.
Even within a given framework, you can push creative boundaries – and you have the artistic ability to do it. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop a game space with plenty of personality.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with level designers and the art director to discuss and understand game intentions and vision;
- Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references);
- Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists;
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints;
- Integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene;
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with artistic direction and makes sense gameplay wise (test and improve).
What you bring
- A diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent;
- Experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, and image; processing, or other relevant experience;
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques;
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, colour theory, etc.;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness;
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills;
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio).
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.