Level Design Director
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Level Design Director who will oversee the level design team, the team at the nexus of game content that brings all the pieces together into the player experience. As part of the core leadership team, you will report to the Creative Director.
- Lead Motive's level design team to make all game levels engaging, memorable, and immersive.
- Create and champion your vision for level design in the game, in alignment with the creative direction
- Coordinate the design of the world as a whole and individual missions and activities within it
- Provide leadership in all phases of level design, from conception and documentation to polish and debugging.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of all game levels--providing feedback, advocating for the tools and methodologies, requesting resources, and removing roadblocks for levels to be developed effectively.
- As an important member of the leadership team, you will ensure resource estimates and delivery schedules are met.
- Partner with technical and gameplay design teams to understand and address constraints while maintaining AAA quality levels
- Work in collaboration with the art team to ensure playability of levels works hand in hand with visual fidelity.
- Build and mentor the level design team to be the best in the industry.
Who you are:
- 8+ years' experience in video game level design and production with lead level design experience on at least one AAA title
- Experience developing and presenting a level design vision
- Excellent ability to guide designers at all experience levels
- Experience using scripting languages and level design tools
- Comfort and capability in creative and technical design discussions
- Experience driving flow and storytelling through a level.
- Experience with the environmental aesthetics.
- Understanding of function vs. form relationships, and what makes a game level fun and engaging
- You are someone who excels in the environment that new game creation demands.
- Open world design experience a plus but not required.