Level Designer (Missions)
JOB TITLE: Level Designer (Missions)
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
FUNCTION: Game Design/Scripting
REPORTS TO: Lead Designer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Mission Designer to join the team in Brighton and help to form the core of a new design group. As far as our games are concerned, Missions are stories the player can experience that combine incredible level design, smart use of mechanics and interesting characters to surprise and delight.
What You Will Do:
- You will collaborate with more senior team members to document, build, implement and bug-fix your mission ideas, from concept through to final release
- You will create innovative gameplay experiences that immerse the player in the game
- You will cooperate with the entire design team and other departments to maximize use of existing game systems, and support the needs of fellow developers
- You will prototype and pitch your own design ideas to the team
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Passion for developing crafted narrative-driven experiences
- Self-motivated and proactive, always looking to learn and improve
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- One year experience on a AAA game title in a Level Design or similar position
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Game Design or other related discipline
- Strong design skills, both on paper and in-engine
- Ability to collaborate with the design team to craft compelling 3D spaces
- Ability to script mission logic in Blueprint or similar systems
- Good collaborator that can work well with team members from multiple other disciplines
- Open World level design experience is a plus
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.