Level Designer - XDefiant
As a Level Designer, you’ll be challenged with supporting the level design team in creating FUN levels, while respect the game’s creative vision. You play a role to participate in the level design process and collaborate with Ubisoft studios all over the world.
You’ll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own level designs from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the design vision is clearly aligned
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts and suggest ways to use interactive and non-interactive means to create the best flow and game play experience for the player
- Communicate the results of the prototype to the other crafts in order to validate the intentions and the technical feasibility and the quality of the maps
- Work closely with the art team to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level
- Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent design practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
- Correct the level design bugs entered into the database by testers
- Carry out all other related level design/game development tasks
- Be a positive influence on the team, motivate and inspire others to generate new ideas
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid to Senior experience as a video game level designer
- Ability to design creative and interesting game levels utilizing 3D engines similar to UE4, Unity etc.
- Working knowledge of the multiplayer shooter game genre and the game development process
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Critical and analytical sense
- Be bold enough and innovate within the level design processes, question old methods and dare to do try out new ones
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player
- Ability to put oneself in the player’s shoes
- Keep up to date on current gaming trends and latest technology
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $96,000 - $120,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.