Licensing Assistant / Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Licensing Assistant / Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Legal / Licensing
LOCATION: SEGA Europe, 27 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9BW
REPORTING TO: Director of Licensing
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours.
Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a well-known gaming brand and to understand more about the process of licensing in gaming! We are looking for an adaptable, super-organised, friendly person with excellent project management skills to join our close-knit team.
Your role will encompass managing the asset and approvals cycle with the day-to-day licensing administration process including dealing with licensor queries and running approval reports. Liaising closely with the development team and our licensors, the role will be responsible for co-ordinating the licensing workflows between our licensors, gaming studio and other key internal stakeholders to ensure we hit key product dates.
Using your excellent communication and project management skills you will ensure that you are able to balance asset collation and approval communications with our licensors and distil all feedback to the relevant teams so that all new licensing-related information is communicated clearly and efficiently between teams whilst making sure that customer brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Working with the Director of Licensing to ensure all licensed assets, approvals and media sources are incorporated within the game.
- Managing, trafficking and tracking the approval of licensed digital assets.
- Management of in-game approvals, packaging, and marketing approvals.
- Overseeing approvals communication and implementation with several teams such as publishing, development, marketing, legal, finance and external licensors and their representatives.
- Create and manage the approval review process using in-house approvals system.
- Deal with licensor queries promptly and efficiently.
- Managing in-game media sources to gain permission to incorporate their assets within the game and dealing with queries.
- Building and managing relations with licensors and throughout the business.
- Providing administration and support as and when required.
- Processing invoices and logging as required.
- Ad-hoc tasks / requests / reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A competent and capable administrator with outstanding organisational skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate feedback reports.
- Good project management skills with ability to co-ordinate multiple workflows simultaneously.
- Ability to work efficiently and in a team.
- Great communicator at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise with minimal supervision.
- Motivated to carry out routine administrative tasks.
- Able to handle sensitive information professionally and maintain confidentiality.
- Not afraid to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to bring improvements and efficiencies to the overall licensing process.
- Previous experience of licensing or rights management will be an advantage.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.