Job Title: Licensing Producer
Team: Art & Animation
Location: SI HQ, Here East, London
As the Licensing Producer, you will oversee licensing operations at Sports Interactive, including asset/data collection, implementation, and approval. You will be responsible for distributing workload to team members across art, design, research, and rulegroups, as well as ensuring consistency in quality across all Football Manager platforms - including PC, console, and mobile - via Licensing Reps and the QA Team.
The role requires frequent communication with SEGA’s licensing team, who act as the main point of contact with most of our licensors. Therefore, your knowledge of Football Manager and the wider world of football is an essential asset in representing SI during these communications. The goal is to ensure that all licensed assets are present and approved for use in time for each of our major releases.
- Liaise with Legal & Licensing Coordinator at SEGA regarding communication with licensors.
- Receive assets (kit references, logos, trophies, headshots, etc.) and data requests from licensors and distribute workload to appropriate teams.
- Manage Jira issues related to the distribution of assets/data in the game and feedback during the approvals process.
- Oversee the screenshots capturing process for FM, FMT & FMM, via the QA team and Licensing Reps.
- Enable streamlined communication from licensors to the development team via SEGA’s approvals software and Jira.
- Ensure all trackers are maintained and collect data from each cycle to improve future processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of FM games across all platforms.
- Good knowledge of clubs and competitions across world football.
- Interest in licensed assets across sports/games/broadcasting and ability to identify inconsistencies therein.
- Strong communication skills, able to collaborate with staff across all departments.
- Ability to plan ahead, as well as to adapt to fast-changing environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience using Adobe CC (Acrobat, Photoshop, and After Effects) preferred but not required.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
Further information on the company and its games is available at www.sigames.com
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options dependent on role. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.